favorite high chairs

today i need some advice. we’re looking at high chairs for magnolia. to be honest i don’t really even know if we’re going to get one. i mean are they really necessary? currently she sits in her mamas + papas baby snug or in the sink when she eats. but she won’t always fit in those. so here are the contenders in the race. yes, if i’m spending money on it, it’s going to be a nuetral color. or she can start paying the mortgage – either way.

stokke tripp trapp – $249 + accessories

skip hop tuo – $159

OVO deluxe high chair – $429

y’all. this one is trying so hard to take all my monies right now. it won’t succeed, but it’s pretty to look at.

OXO tot sprout – $249

ikea antilop – $19.99

the SUPER wallet friendly option. so i’d just paint the legs gold.

anyone have one of these options? let me hear your pros + cons on them. or if you have a super neutral/modern chair you LOVE lemme know. if i can save my monies + not bother with one please tell me that too!!

6 Comments

1. Hannah Francis
    8th March 2017 / 7:27 pm

If you are unsure about it, definitely go with the IKEA chair. And you can hack it by painting the legs! And check out Yeah Baby Goods on Instagram. They sell mats for the tray and cushions for the chair to customize even more!

2. Lindsey
    8th March 2017 / 7:50 pm

We have the IKEA one! Haven’t used it yet obviously but a friend of mine had it with there child and loved it. Also, love the gold paint idea!

3. Heidi
    8th March 2017 / 8:42 pm

My fav is the SkpHop tou. I would think it would be nice to have some cushion. Straps look super safe/strong to keep her sweet little body from falling through. You want her to be comfy- she will stay in there longer. YES, you need a high chair. She will be spending lots of time in there. I think it teaches independence. Also, I like that this one has a leg rest. The ikea one does not. Just don’t think it would be comfy. Also, putting Palmer in his highchair with puzzles & toys was the only way I could clean the house!

4. Tara Sabako
    8th March 2017 / 8:50 pm

We have the Ingenuity Trio 3-in-1 SmartClean High Chair and LOVE IT! It has been nice to have when we’ve had other family over with littles in that we can take it apart and two children can utilize it at one time. Since it comes apart, we have also brought the booster along when we go to other family houses for dinner so she has a place to sit.
    I’ve heard great things about the Ikea chair, and I think the Skip Hop one seems wonderful as well. But the Stokke is such a money trap. I don’t think it’s worth it, even though it is highly rated.

5. Jessica Cotton
    13th March 2017 / 11:04 pm

I recommend a high chair. I used one with Carter (one that snapped to a chair , as I needed one I could take to various homes).
    It was, and now with Caroline is nice to be able to sit down as a family and feel like they are included and engaged. I actually just got the OXO tot one, I still have the mobile highchair however it will not fit under several tables, including our kitchen table. Pros to the OXO is that it is smaller, so takes up less space, and of course fits under most able tops as they age out of the tray. It’s an Amazon Prime item 😉, and comes in tons of colors. Cons, it doesnt have extensive cushioning. Now, I haven’t never seen your other options, so they could be a lot nicer.. but so far I’ve been happy with the OXO tot.

6. 18th March 2017 / 10:56 am

When your baby starts eating solids, a high chair is a mealtime must-have. Here provided tips for buying the perfect high chair is no doubt helps to make the best deal.